Monday, September 30, 2013

Consumer Review: OrGreenic Frying Pan


I'm all about using healthy cookware. Since I tossed all of my Teflon pans and kitchen gadgets I've been slowly replacing them with "safer" products. I saw this pan in Target for $10. I couldn't pass it up. I've had this pan for 4 months give or take. I do use this pan for most of my cooking needs since it is my only frying pan. So I understand this pan quite well... Too well for my taste.

Let me tell you about my experience.... Its never been non-stick. I have used virgin coconut oil, butter, or ghee with EVERYTHING I've ever had to cook in the pan. For a while, that was fine. It stuck less than some of my stainless pans and I was able to clean it. I felt that to not have toxic cookware at an affordable price I'd be sacrificing something and I use oil with everything anyways. So, no biggie. Then.... Things really started to stick and I started to use more and more elbow grease to get stuff loose. Bathing it in baking soda soaks and heating up water and soap in the pan to get stuff loose. It was quite a chore. Despite my efforts to protect this pan... It started to chip. I saw only a few chips along the edge at first. Then a couple at the bottom. Today I took it out of its 2 day hot water bath to get the food off (which I believe are permanently adhered itself to the pan now) and found this......




All of those white areas are chips. I assume the coating has been falling off over the last two days of washing it with a washcloth. I'm not happy. But, perhaps I got my $10 worth. 

I won't be buying this again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment