Thursday, September 19, 2013

Introducing: Go-me's!!!


I've been having some trouble lately remembering my worth which has an affect on self esteem and how I view myself. Being a stay at home-homeschooling mom and doing things inside my own bubble doesn't really offer me the same feeling of value that a job or career outside of the home does. 

I realized I was struggling with this feeling in the past and started college classes when I really didn't have time to dedicate to it. So, it wasn't helpful in the long run although, I did get the stimulation I needed to feel more balanced. I understand my time constraints I'm not going to add anything to my life, instead, I'm going to pat myself on the back for the things I'm doing in my bubble that I think are really cool. Even though I'm not a career woman right now doesn't mean that I don't have some accomplishments and the truth is I struggle more being a mom than I ever did working.  I'm not a showy person and bragging just isn't my thing. But, if there was ever a time for me to be proud of what I'm doing, this is it.

So, I'm going to post things I'm proud of and call them... Go-me's .... Here goes....



1) Kitty-dooty

Okay, so this may seem like a silly thing to be proud of, but, I don't have the best track record of repetition of daily chores. I also never had a litter box in my house for very long because I couldn't stand the task of cleaning it out so my cats when outside. My number one go-me is the fact that I clean out the kitten's litter box at least once a day, sometimes twice. Aaron has the chore of helping but, I only as him to do it once every couple days usually.  The stench of kitty litter is gross to me and I never want my house to smell like we have indoor cats. So, I've tasked myself to clean out the box as soon as I smell anything nasty...... Go me!!

2) Assignment Genius

Most of Aaron's homeschool assignments are found online or through his curriculum books. I am very happy with my ability to hunt and gather quality assignments and put them into a weekly curriculum plan every Sunday night. But, every so often, I have a moment of genius in the classroom and think of an even better assignment, just like I did today... Aaron needs to have lots of right brain activities and this month's science focus is insects. Today's assignment was to look though books and find bugs that are classified as insects..... My number two "go-me" was that I took it one step further and had him draw 5 insects he found in the books. This may not seem like a big deal, but, not only did it satisfy the science and right brain activities, but, it also covered the art assignment and his ability to copy. He likes coming up with his own things and struggles with following someone's lead. So this was a very good activity for him..... Go me!!


3) Made a pickle!!!

I've been learning  a lot about the benefit of fermented foods for your gut health.  Canning is also been something I've told myself I've wanted to try. Not only does it save money, but, its healthier if you do it right. Aaron loves pickles but,  don't buy them often because of the ingredients. So I finally found a recipe that wasn't  intimidating and didn't use vinegar, bought all of the ingredients (except the leaves I still need to find) and did it! They're not ready to eat yet, I'm thinking maybe another week in the brine. But, I can already taste the potential.... Go me!!

Here's the recipe I followed if you want your own pickles: Ridiculously easy homemade dill pickles



No comments:

Post a Comment