Who knows why the ebb and flow of my state of mind happen like this. I swear I just try to avoid things that cause this reaction in me. But, I'm starting to feel like its an impossible feat.
The triple F's: Frustrated, Fearful, and F*cked are totally in effect!
I'm currently really frustrated with the avoidance tactics that people use to shelter their minds from unfortunate and unacceptable realities in our society, which end up allowing it to continue, without change. (Avoidance I am guilty of too. Only because I feel I cannot change them or do anything about it not because I want to pretend it isn't happening, which is different. I will literally go insane from the frustration with people if I didn't avoid information about these things from time to time. But I am willing to fight if people would band together to change it). I believe if we were more outspoken about molestation and child abduction there would be a steady stream of thought in everyone's mind about how to protect ourselves and our loved ones from it. Just like putting on your seat belt, drinking and driving, not eating fast food for every meal, and other obvious issues we are trying our best to change. This is a subject that people want to bury as soon as its brought up. They avoid talking about it EVEN after they hear that it's happened to a loved one or their very own children! VERY FEW child molesters are stopped and brought to justice and even if they are, the sentencing is so minimal that its sickening. Stop burying it. No peace comes to the victims if its buried, it needs to be public knowledge that molestation and rape victims are not responsible and their perpetrators are held accountable for what they did. We need to stop avoiding this subject and end the epidemic!!
STOP hiding and start talking people. MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN!
I'm Fearful that no matter where I move my family I will need to be a paranoid parent who won't let my kids walk ANYWHERE alone. Not even to a neighbor's house to play. Never allow them to attend a sleepover and only have things happen at my house. The town I plan to move in the next year just had a child abduction, taken in her neighborhood, riding her bike home. I'm really freaking out. This is so scary. Searching for somewhere to move my family, I used a crime map search to see what neighborhoods are safe. It is staggering how many sex offenders live EVERYWHERE! What can we do???? Nothing. We can't do a damn thing because people don't want to TALK ABOUT IT!
I'm also frustrated with the passive reaction people have to the obvious weather and geographical changes happening. There is a record drought on the West Coast, sink holes appearing constantly and randomly, significant rainfall throughout the west, earthquakes happening more often, earthquakes in areas that DON'T HAVE THEM! The list goes on! Why are people thinking that this stuff is not something to worry about? Why don't people care that the natural gas industry and the pollution in the atmosphere are having a very strong and drastic impact on our planet? Its happening TO US and right in front of us and people still aren't willing to change our lifestyles and our society thinks it "cool" to drive around gas guzzlers and waste EVERYTHING. This is the PLACE WE LIVE! The place OUR CHILDREN and CHILDREN'S CHILDREN NEED to LIVE! This makes me fearful of the future for us but, especially for them.
I'm feeling totally f*cked about the idea that the only thing I can do to support change is share information and hope that other people start caring too. But, I've done that for years about all sorts of things and the only people who want to hear it are people who already see it the way I do. Other than that, people want to minimize the problems or toss them under a rug. I believe this is because they want to believe there is hope to live a "normal life". I'm called paranoid, a helicopter parent, and a fear monger or evil even. The reality is that all those people are delusional. If people took more time to care about each other, the earth, and not allow authorities to dilute our concerns with manipulative labels. We would effect change and frankly, CHANGE IS GOOD!
I can't stand feeling like a sitting duck and that's exactly the state of our existence.We are at the mercy of legislation and the world's politics. We cannot make change without millions of people sharing the same goal. I just don't see enough people doing that because people are just too trusting, fear being labeled the way I am, and are full of the hope. The exact same hope we all use to get by hearing about the awful thing happening. The same hope (or perhaps helplessness) that brings me to write this blog. The problem with some people's hope is that they justify their lack of action by putting it in a religious figures hands or thinking someone else will deal with it. That doesn't seem to be working! Put it in your own hands and do something about it! Put your ego aside and realize that it can happen to anyone, and sadly eventually something will.
I wish there was a machine that scanned everyone's brains and a system that never allowed those sick and demented people to live with everyone else. Get those sick f*cks out of here!
How bout caring about the state of our planet too.... WE DON'T HAVE ANYWHERE TO GO!
No comments:
Post a Comment