The first week has been stressful and enlightening. I first had some fear that I would not be successful at getting all of these weeks finished and that I am a bit over my head with this challenge. But, for this week at least I feel that I've been successful at planning and successfully finishing the areas I planned to complete. I started small and hopefully I will gain more momentum as the weeks go on and take on my larger tasks with the same enthusiasm.
Week 1 Projects.....
This week being my first week and still not being totally sure about when I would have the time to devote myself to the projects I chose to tackle small annoying clutter areas. The ones that I would normally ignore organizing and just tidy up when I would clean the house. These are also things that I've been saying I want to organize for a long time. I think its easier to tackle larger areas if I isolate some of the smaller ones that share the space first. Then I'll be able to see through the clutter better and be more efficient.
Project 1: Living room book case and DVD's
My son is not the best at putting the DVD's back in their cases. So, I had attempted to help him by putting a hummus container out to set he DVD's in and we'd put them in their cases once a week. Well, I never ever made us sit and put them away. So, that didn't work. I'm also annoyed at the look of the book case with all of the games and movies on it.
BEFORE:
So, I decided to buy a large CD case and put all of the games and movies in it. I hope that since its easy just to slip them in rather than the cases. We shall see...... The book case it self was also an eye sore to me. So, I bought some drawer liner in a complementary color and lined the back of the case to add some style. So far, my son has been pretty good about the CD case. He also had fun helping me put them in the case and was super excited to find DVD's he thought he lost!
AFTER:
Project 2: Mom-mobile mess!
If you would have asked me 10 years ago if the future me would be driving around a dirty car, with two car seats, full of toys, socks, shoes, sandals, tupperware containers, sippy cups, mail, books, trash on the floor board, and more! I would have been very quick to shut you down and let you know what a "car girl" I am and how I would never allow a vehicle of mine to be treated that way.... That said.... Its today and this car girl is no longer concerned about a water spot on her paint or a granule of sand in the floor board. I'm too busy making sure I have a passy in my purse and we are not late to where ever we're going. So, to help me keep track of things I bought a tote to keep car toys in.
I've decided that bringing toys in the car everytime we leave has become more than I can handle since they always are left there. So, now we have dedicated car toys that have a home! So far this week we've been very good about not making the car too dirty inside with toy messes!
Project 3: Getting my green thumb on!
Every year I plant seeds this year they actually grew enough to plant them outside!! But, I've been putting it off and even when to the nursery to buy other grown plants and planted them first! So, I finally did it! I went and bought more supplies so I could give them a nice start outside. I just hope I wasn't too late....
Organizing Expenses
DVD Case $ 20.99
Car Tote $ 6.99
Drawer Liner: $ 5.99
Planters and misc. needs: $37.26
Week 1 Total: $61.23
Week 1 Household Chores.....
This week I feel that I've been a bit better about doing more dishes each day, I was better about communicating to the boys and my man about getting help keeping things neater before things get too out of hand. But, I did not put together a chore list for myself and I do feel that my house is still a disaster because as I type right now I have a kitchen full of dirty dishes and my house is not clean. But, I have been very busy the last couple days so I suppose I try to do better next week!
Week 2 TO DO List:
Organize Recipes
&
Make kitchen clean up easier






No comments:
Post a Comment