Friday, May 4, 2012

More PPD

Lately, things have been quite tough for me. Not unlivable or miserable just tough. I'm starting to wonder where all the negativity in my life is coming from. I'm wondering if I'm bringing it on myself or just failing to rise above what is constantly around me. My mind seems to hold on to moments that I'd rather not think about, obsess over things it cannot make sense of, and is relentless in reminding me of the things I do wrong.

I'm playing with the idea of adding a natural mood enhancer to my day. I decided not to fill my prescription I requested from my Dr for the SSRI anti-depressant. I don't think that I need something that strong. But, I have to get more information about what natural supplement is best to take while breastfeeding. If nothing is safe, I'm considering stopping breastfeeding at six months to get back on my usual vitamin regiment of which helps regulate my hormones, I've been told is unsafe while breastfeeding.  As far as mood enhancers, my research has lead me to look at 100% pure, pharmaceutical-grade Tryptophan, St. John’s wort, Kanna, Phenylethylamine PEA, Saffron, 5-HTP or SAMe. I'm already adding more Fish Oil to my daily intake, which seems to help with the general moodiness and gloom. But, I'm still having obsessive thoughts and anxiety. Which has lowered my quality of living by making made me fearful, not my normal existence nor one I'd like to deal with longer than I can help.

 I also want to add some kind of self esteem booster to my life. I've thought about doing another journal type book or maybe finding some other intellectual booster. But, also adding something physically and mentally and challenging like boxing. I think boxing would add an outlet for frustrations that I don't have right now too. There are plenty of situations I find a way to get over because there is no resolution to be had and perhaps a release of that energy would be a good thing.

I would love to meditate too. But, that is VERY difficult in my house. I'm hoping that getting out my extra energy will relax me enough to clear my mind and allow me to go into a state of relaxation more quickly. Then maybe I can get some in when Ricky is napping and stuff.

I'll find the solution. I know I will.




No comments:

Post a Comment