Friday, May 4, 2012

Relief!

I've written a couple of entries related to my PPD and stress. I'm certain that a huge contributor has been my recent pregnancy and getting back to normal hormonally.  I've been able to mentally focus on where my stress is really stemming from and School is where I feel the most discomfort, there are many variables and situations I'm not accustom to dealing with. The recipe of personalities, cliques, and too much estrogen = DRAMA! Needless to say, I was seriously searching for the centered, positive, and focused state of mind I'm used to. 

 I did a lot of soul searching, forgiving, and focusing on getting past any negative thoughts and energies I was bring on myself. I made a choice to forgive anyone who I felt wronged me as well as forgiving myself. That lifted some weight off my shoulders and made room for positive feelings and moments to transpire in the future. I am moving forward! There are moments of mis-step, no one is perfect. But, I try very hard to keep myself uplifted and out of the muck!

I also made a visit to my vitamin shop to talk with my lady about an herbal supplement to help balance the inner stuff. After muscle testing and research I left with 5-HTP which converts to serotonin in your brain (information about 5HTP) and 3-Way Stress Management. I took the 5-HTP for one day. But, I stopped it because I don't think I need all day relief and since I take the 3-Way stress at the onset of stress or if I'm having a difficult day, its a better option for me. In general, I don't like taking medications, so this has been a dream come true to only take it during the times of stress. So far, after one week, its been wonderful!

I am also walking just about every day and also taking Fish Oils to help as well.  Which seemed to help a bit on their own before starting the 3-Way Stress. So, with all three its almost like I'm back to normal!

I still need to add boxing and self esteem building to the table... But, that I will do soon and share in another blog!

Stay positive!!!




2 comments:

  1. I need to meet your vitamin lady, maybe she can help me and my out of whack body lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's amazing! Your welcome to come down anytime. I think they close at 6p. Closed on Mondays, here in Burleson.

    ReplyDelete