Beginning of March I'll be starting cosmetology school, which will be keeping me very busy for the next year. I am also officially launching my bookkeeping business which I have wanted to do for quite some time. There are many things that are affected by these choices some good some bad. But, all of them are livable for me.
Everyone has been really positive when hearing about my change of plan to go into a beauty profession. Many think its a great fit and can't wait to see my potential. Others find it confusing and impulsive because I've had my sites set on being a consultant for some time and I've worked mostly in office environments. Here's the thing.... I didn't choose administration, it chose me. I did have goals in mind that related to talking a leap toward the more independent side of office organization through consulting. I am extremely good at my job and truly enjoy doing it. I'm thankful that I will continue to offer bookkeeping services because it will give me the structure and analytical challenge that I love. But, I cannot explain how excited I am to not be in the position where I am responsible for more than my share and I have the ability to choose about how much I want to take on. I am looking forward to the coming years where Aaron will be in sports and doing homework, which I want to be a part of. I have come to a place in my life where my priorities and my purpose has changed, so my career choices needed to also.
The moment I started thinking about what I wanted to do when I grow up, a few specific job traits would come up in all my ideas, hands on creativity, fixing/changing things, independence, and expression. I've had cut and color artist, on my list of things I'd love to do since high school. The choice to go to beauty school came up a few times over the my adult life and there were always something else that came up to change my mind. I have always loved to do hair and make other people look fabulous or freaky....whatever their poison! I just never had the actual eduction, was limited on what I could do, and I didn't get paid to do it. I never felt full hearted about a decision in my life, till I decided to make this change. There is zero doubt that this is the right thing for me and as funny as it sounds, I am so completely excited to learn more about something that defined me as a person.... creative expression!
Along with following a passion, I am thrilled to continue to offer bookkeeping services. Not only do I really love doing bookkeeping and like I said earlier it offers a mental challenge that I enjoy and need. But, I also love the idea that I have not completely abandoned the long term goals I've been working toward for a few years now. I believe cosmetology will offer me the creative expression and human interaction that I am looking forward to. I believe that continuing to offer bookkeeping will give me the balance of fun and function that I so desire!
Don't forget to support Castle Hill Accounting Services!!!
I can't wait for you to do my hair :) You will make me fabulous!
ReplyDelete