October 9, 2010
Just for Today: I will set my own house in order. Today, I will examine my part in the problems in my life. If I owe amends, I will make them.
After this email, I will finish cleaning the kitchen, do laundry, and when Aaron wakes up put all the clothes away before I leave!
I believe that I have first hand responsibility in the problems in my life. I have either caused them directly, enabled them indirectly, or I am looking at a "problem" in a way that makes it a problem possible. If I see things through different lenses they can be speed bumps or simply something other than I anticipated.
Gratitude 1) Friendship
After this email, I will finish cleaning the kitchen, do laundry, and when Aaron wakes up put all the clothes away before I leave!
I believe that I have first hand responsibility in the problems in my life. I have either caused them directly, enabled them indirectly, or I am looking at a "problem" in a way that makes it a problem possible. If I see things through different lenses they can be speed bumps or simply something other than I anticipated.
Gratitude 1) Friendship
Through my teen and adult life, my friendships have continuously brought me happiness, a sense of belonging, and the feeling that I'm loved by choice. Its a great feeling.
2) Aaron
3) Forgiveness
4) Love
5) Charity
6) Selflessness
7) Loyalty
8) Patience
9) Cars
10) House Plants
October 10, 2010
Just for Today: I will think about the consequences of my actions before I take them.
This is a very nice reminder for me. I feel that most of the time I am contentious of my actions and how they affect others, but, there are the moments when my ego or momentum gets the best of me and I make a decision that I'm not fond of, which also affect those I love. Today, I am going to make a point to think about what I say, what I do, and how I act. I'm going to pay attention to how often my actions have the potential to affect others.
Gratitude 2) Family
Although my Family isn't always consistent and they aren't always the way I want them to be, they are my family. Push come to shove they are there for me. They love me as I am and even if we are different, they are apart of me.
2) Birthday Parties
3) Do-Overs
4) Email
5) Communication in relationships
6) Saying I'm sorry
7) Vacuums
8) The Calendar
9) Raises
10) Knowing your doing a good job!
3) Do-Overs
4) Email
5) Communication in relationships
6) Saying I'm sorry
7) Vacuums
8) The Calendar
9) Raises
10) Knowing your doing a good job!
October 11, 2010
Just for Today: I will view the world and my life through the clean spiritual lenses of my program.
I'm try my very best to look at things through my better judgment and with the faith that I can and will make better choices tomorrow than I did today, given my experience and knowledge through my journey. This is more of a reminder that I'm going the right direction for myself and knowing that my "view" will be come less foggy over time.
My ten gratitudes for today are...
1) stools
2) Electricity
3) Couch blankets
4) Hulu
5) New Friendships
6) Dogs
7) Cats
8) Hearing, "Mommy, I lob you so much"
9) Gifts from the heart
10) Good hair days!
October 13, 2010
Just for Today: An act of kindness costs me nothing, but is priceless to the recipient. I will be kind to someone today.
For me this is one of my most favorite things to do. I think that being selfless is one of the best things about being human. When possible, I do try and give to others and be kind to others. I love this reminder for those busy days when I get caught up in myself and forget to think outside my situation. Doing something nice for someone on one of my own busy or bad days, can turn it right around!!!
1) Air Conditioning
2) Holidays
3) Naps
4) Internet
5) Napkins
6) Lewie
7) Goals
8) Air Planes
9) Pay Day
10) Quiet Time.
October 17, 2010
Just for today: I will open my eyes and my heart to the changes brought about by the steps. With an open mind, I can understand the truth in my life today.
Some of these JFT messages are difficult for me to directly apply to my life because I do not know what the steps are. But, I can relate to this in the choices I have made and will make in my life to accept and change the things I can and accept and love the things I cannot. I accept that I am an imperfect human who loves herself and all of her imperfections. Although, I try to change them.
1) learning opportunities
2) sandals/flip flops
3) tears of laughter
4) falling right to sleep
5) soft pillows
6) moving on
7) Aaron's laugh
8) Modeling
9) that people believe in me
10) accomplishments
October 18, 2010
Just for today: No matter what my personal circumstances, I belong.
We all have a place in life. Perhaps some of us recognize that there are things to be worked on. Others feel perfectly comfortable within their own skin. Some feel that they need to change things in their lives to gain happiness or accomplish goals, others, don't need to do much. They have it all figured out it seems. Regardless of where I go, I know that I'm always apart of something bigger. I've also found that there are people who think just like I do, I just have to be patient and open to their friendship and I know more will come. I belong just where I am.
1) getting tattoos
2) art exhibits
3) festivals
4) mexican food!
5) TFP/TFCD
6) helpful friends
7) the like button
8) being able to help friends
9) broken TV's
10) halloween
October 19, 2010
Just for today: I stand for something. My strength is the result of living my values.
This one hits close to home. I found lately that I've not been leading with my values foot lately. I think that my insecurities have been getting the best of me in that I'm not confident that my work alone with speak for itself and have mimicked people talking things up rather than just being straight. I mentally noticed it and now I acknowledge that I need to change that. Things will happen the way they do. I cannot control the out come. But, I can control how I feel in the end. If I do things that are not my own natural tenancies, I will not be comfortable with the outcome good or bad. Its time to be me.
1) reading story books to my son
2) knowing how to type
3) cute boys
4) hair ties
5) mom
6) supportive baby daddy's
7) not worrying what is going to happen
8) good eye site
9) holding myself accountable
10) trust
No comments:
Post a Comment