Everyone has their strong points.... Being a housewife is at the top of my list of things I'm not so good at. I am the kind of person who if left to take care of themselves alone, I will be super organized and tidy.... For the most part (more on that later). But, when you add in the responsibility of keeping up after small children and everything else that I've added to my daily stay at home mom schedule... If I fall short on something it tends to be the house work.... Cleaning, laundry, and dishes.
Since I'm letting the world know what a terrible house wife I am I will also share my general bad habits of things I do, or don't do well, even when I'm the only person I'm responsible for. Which only get worse when you add in my house hold now.
Bad habits that die hard.....
1) leaving the last load of laundry in the dryer.
2) Living out of laundry baskets, not putting my clothes away.
3) Not doing dishes more than once a day, even if I need to.
You can imagine how much worse things are when you triple the laundry and dishes used. I also have this issue that I'm not able to function in unorganized spaces. So, you'd think that my house would be super organized... Its not! So, I find myself overwhelmed when I attempt to get on top of things and seldom get through an entire list of chores or spring cleaning tasks.
I am also constantly beating myself up for not being better at this stuff. As if becoming a mother and making the decision to stay home would miraculously change my behaviors and make me someone I've never been. I know that other households have just as much as I do going on, if not more with more kids, and somehow they are able to keep up with it all. So, I feel like this is something that I can overcome and change about myself.... Since It hasn't changed much despite my efforts, I'm frustrated.
Here's a few silly things that happen to me after I get my head ready to be a picture perfect housewife.
1) I clean and organize the whole house thinking its going to stay that way for longer than a day and I'm not going to have to do it again the next day.
2) I tell myself I will double up the next day with chores if my day gets to be too busy, and don't follow through.
3) I think that I will have the energy and memory to remind everyone else to do their share around the house, even though I forget my own.
4) I create a plan of action then get caught up with other more pressing priorities unrelated to household needs but, I don't dip into my down time to make up for the time lost.
5) I "don't see" the messes building up telling myself I just need a day and a day turns into three and can't figure out how to get back on top of it all.
As you can see, I'm not exactly realistic about what it really takes to keep up with everything and my house. I've read blogs about how to organize and get rid of clutter. Pinterest is full of useful tips and suggestions on how to get things in order too. I was reading a blog about living on non-processed whole foods on a budget. She pledged to live off of $125 a week and feed a family of four on wholesome food (100-days-on-a-budget). So that got me thinking, maybe I can make my own pledge and perhaps if I keep up with the chores and schedule for longer than a day to two weeks maybe I can pass this growth spurt and accept my new role.
So, I brainstormed a few subjects that will help me become a better housewife and more efficient in my daily tasks.
1) Get rid of clutter
2) Get organized
3) Make a weekly/monthly chore list
4) Make everything sparkle
5) Keep it up!
I'm working through how I'm going to make all of this happen within a set amount of time. I think my first task will be to categorize my problem areas and create a plan of action. That will help me figure out a reasonable game plan.
STAY TUNED!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment