Friday, August 3, 2012

Who needs friends when you have opinions?

I find it sad how differing opinions on a single matter divides friendship and causes unrepairable damage just because people disagree on something.

People say, "I love you but," and "We're friends but," and it actually means the exact opposite. They will not call or invite you, you have been written off, and they're not going to "like" your posts on Facebook anymore either.... I know... I know.... What could be worse? 

We apparently live in an age where you are ONLY allowed to like and support those who feel exactly the way you do. Once someone directly disagrees with you you are not allowed to be associated, because what if people think you're like them?! 

I used to spend hours talking, sharing, and disagreeing with people. We shared differing opinions on a respectful forum. There was no bashing, name calling, or insulting. There was no bottom line except sometimes, we must agree to disagree. The best part was when differing matters come to a more common ground and someone actually hears something that expands what they thought they felt. I LOVED opening my mind and thoughts to new ideas. Evaluating their points of view to see if they make more sense than what I thought up to that point. 

I feel that fear has been punched into our way of life now. We are not allowed to embrace anything that is different that what we have been taught or told. And if we do, we are not better than them. Assuming that they are of course less of a person because they don't live the way we do. That makes them less deserving of love, respect, and friendship. 

I stopped talking and sharing my opinion because I grew sick of people bashing and being so directly hateful and harmful to me, not my stand on a matter, personally toward me. So, I stopped talking so openly and just watched as crowds of people banned together to bully the rest of the people who differed from them. I've had my rest and I'm not going to stand quietly anymore. 

Here's the bottom line. My beliefs are based on love, logic, and independent thought. Here they are.....

  • I support human rights, animal rights, and equality. Period. 
  • We live in a corrupt country and world. Money controls everything we the people control nothing! Not even ourselves. 
  • Those in control care only about their money. They are killing us with drugs, food, and war. Which are all for profit. They are killing our planet and resources, which is unnecessary and for profit.  
  • Organized religion is corrupt, driven by money, and controls the masses. Personal heart driven beliefs are beautiful and should be used to live more loving, healthy, and whole lives.  Giving and becoming ONE race.
  • We as people hold all of the power but, are uneducated and scared. Just they way they need us. 
  • Everything we do should be based on if it is right, kind, or necessary. Not based on money, hate, and fear.
  • I doubt any of this will change in my lifetime and firmly believe it will be the end of our civilization as a whole if not the world.  

There is another huge belief I have, as long as you aren't hurting anyone, I respect where you are coming from. I will still like you, respect you, and support you. I do not need to surround myself with people who agree with me to make myself feel better.

So, share with me your feelings if you want, I will share mine that's for sure! Lets do it with out becoming abusive and hurtful. In the end, if we just agree to disagree... So be it!

If you don't like me now because of the way I believe, that's fine. You probably don't know me well and it would have come to this anyway.

Love and be loving.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE THE BLOG!!! Screw what anyone thinks about a how you or anyone else believes. All should matter is what is important to yourself and how you can do what is right for you and what drives you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you forgot one about people who have to categorize everyone and make generalizations for everyone (oh, BURN). lol but in the large view of thinks i think you are on to something. keep complaing so i don't have to, be my voice. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It my blog, I'll generalize as I wish! :P

    ReplyDelete