I think that over the years other people have made comments or shared descriptions about me and I have just allowed them to stick around. The other side of this little trip is that I really don't see myself this way. So, why do I make these comments?
I talk rudely to people
I don't know how to talk to people
I am cold
I am unapproachable
I am confrontational
I am intimidating
I talk down to people
I am harsh with my words
I am anti-social
I am a bitch
I don't smile enough
I am not nice or friendly
The other odd thing is that I'm not really sure "how" I am or am not these things or anything else for that matter. I mean I am my own reference and do not share the inner Jen with most. So, I suppose I just accepted at some point that this is the way I come off to people. I am happy to say that my hard work has paid off over the years and I am not these things anymore.
It makes me wonder how different am I from what people used to or have said about me? What other opinions have I accepted about myself that are no longer accurate?
I wish I could see myself from other people's eyes. I beginning to feel like I don't have a good grip on people's perceptions of me and the way I come off to others.
I think that some self discovery in this department is needed. Stay tuned!
xoxo
Well from my point of view, I don't see any of the things you listed. Maybe I have not seen this side of you or this is ways people have described you in the past, but how I see you is totally different. I see you as a very strong, independent woman. You know what you want in life and are trying to get there for you and Aaron. You may come off as strong opinionated to some, but to me I see that as a strength, you say how things are and you don't tip toe around the obvious. People will always say we are different than we see ourselves, but that is not necessarily a bad thing.
ReplyDeleteI believe you are on the right path to what and where you want to be in your life and I think it is amazing and can honestly say I look up to you for it.
I'm very glad that you see me the way you do. I have felt misunderstood for much of my life. I'm happy that you see me the way I hope people would.
ReplyDeleteI believe that means that you took the time to try and get to know me. Which is a wonderful thing.
I feel the same about you and I love having strong women in my life. I cherish our friendship!