Today I invited my pals to accompany me and my boy to do a spring time art project. The hopes is that I end up with a swell gift for the grandparents!!! In preparing for this said project, I came up with some pretty awesome templates! (Above: Stem template, easy design to help little ones know where to put the petals and leaves)
(Below: Leaves, a few different types for the kids to chose from)
Searching the internet came up with very little help and the idea of hand drawing about a hundred petals was overwhelming. So, I made these on the computer (All except the leaves, I copied those... I could actually find something decent on the internet).
Click on the pictures to copy them to your computer, I make them "letter" sized so they should print okay.
Click on the pictures to copy them to your computer, I make them "letter" sized so they should print okay.
(Right: Large Flower Petals)(Below: Smaller detail petals)
I designed the templates so they could all be printed on colored construction paper, I printed them on different colors so the kids can choose what colors they liked. I'm also going to have crayons available for them if they wanted to add some unique touches to their flower, before the pieces are cut out.
I made smaller petals to go on top of the large petals. I think it'll add a little something, but, its totally optional!
I'm planning on tracing the child's hand print to make the center of the flower and write the year, their name, and who its to, there.
Here's our stuff all ready to go!
This was a fantastic bonding experience for the kids and the mommy's! Look at what we did!






No comments:
Post a Comment