Thursday, December 3, 2009

My appreciation: December 2009

I know its not quite the end of the year, but, I felt the need to take a moment out of my hectic life to write about the things I'm appreciative of this year. 

Each year has a theme in my life and this year could easily be described as a year of self satisfaction. I have done many things for myself in the terms of extra curricular activities and also internally with self growth. I am proud to say that I am not the same person I was when I started 2009, none of which would have been done without these moments and people. (In chronological order, more or less)

I appreciate the help and support that Vince, some Scikotics members, Nick, and Tanner did to help me build my car to the spectacularly beautiful beast that it is today. I've never had a car as modded or custom as my scion is and I can honestly say that it would never be what it is today with out them. You all helped me build my dream car and I thank you from the depths of my heart. 

I appreciate the everlasting friendship between Holly and I. The honesty and love that is shared between us has helped in leaps and bounds for me to come closer and closer to the person I'm striving to be. Its lucky when you find friends who stand the test of time, distance, and life changes. This friendship has and I am so very thankful for you and what you've helped me see in myself. I'm happy that we are imperfect and together striving to be happier and healthier people.

I appreciate being a part of the Fort Worth Scikotics car club, for the time I was Vice, and for the camaraderie among members. I initially sought out a car club to find people who were similar to me with my passion for cars. There have been some really positive memories that I will always thing fondly of. I loved meeting and getting to know people who have the same love and passion for cars that I do. Its always nice to be around people who understand and accept the things that make me happy. My stint as vice opened a few doors and more importantly helped me form new friendships and bonds. The club has been a large part of my life this year and something I will always appreciate being a part of.

I appreciate the support of friends who saw something in me I didn't see in myself and promoted me to push myself to face my fears. Vince and David (Lucky) suggested I do the calendar shoot for the Scikotics Calendar. Tyson (Photog), Jessica (Beauty), Brent, and Sherri joined me on the day to make that shoot a total success. I am so lucky to have those kinds of friends. Later, James CL3V3NG3R Photog) and I did a shoot that really made me feel like I'm half way good at that modeling stuff. Without them I would have never made that dream come true. 

I appreciate my lasting friendships. I love that friendships are still growing strong, standing the test of grievances and live changes, and still proving to be loyal and loving friends. It really helps to have people here who have known me for some years and are still putting in effort to our friendship. Its very special to talk to someone about my life and not have to explain myself. I'm thankful that I'm able to be an imperfect person and make mistakes and be forgiven. I am nothing without the love and support of the people around me. I believe that a large part of my happiness has to do with continued loyalty and love of my friends.

I appreciate my newly established friendships. People who don't know me well, but, take a leap of faith with me. Steven, AJ, and Lisa & Dwayne have all gone out of their way and unselfishly given me friendship and help with things I'm unable to do on my own. That does not go unnoticed and I am hugely appreciative of them for being there for me. I appreciate knowing loyal and honestly good people who see something in me, it makes me feel that all the work I'm doing to better myself and my life is worth the effort and challenge. Thank you for being there when I needed someone!

I appreciate my family for seeing me through the most difficult times in my life. 

I appreciate my son for being a reason to get out of bed, for giving me purpose when I couldn't find any in myself. 

I appreciate myself for willingness to look inside, to see my mis-steps and strengths. To contain the ability to challenge what I think I know and admit that I know nothing, for the stubborn parts of me that will not give up on life and happiness. For the optimistic energy that seems to pour out of me when I let it. I'm learning to love myself outside and in. In the words of my friend, I thank you for 'loving me until I could love myself.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment